Tuesday, February 9, 2016

February 9, 2016:  

Wow.  It's been a very long while considering the last entry was in December of 2013!!!!  I'm so sorry.  I got all into it and then forgot about this blogging thing completely.  Until today.  I decided to clean out and delete wikis I'd created for my students.... then came across my blog.  This blog, Me.  So, I decided that I am going to use it to post my dailies.  

My Dailies?  What are they, you ask?  Well, at the end of last year, I was given a journal. I LOVE journals, so I have many that I have written maybe to entries in.... then I stop.....  So silly.  Anyway, at the same time that I was given the journal, I was also feeling rather convicted about not spending time with my Jesus.  


I also came across these towards the end of last year on Pinterest, I think.  I followed them to the website http://www.swtblessings.com/ and discovered that the creator was kind enough to post others.  YAY!!!! 



  

So, I started my Dailies on January 1st, 2016 and was able to do them through the entire month of January.  I did miss a few days, but I went back and made sure to copy all of them.  Here's MY process: 
1)  I write out a prayer.
2)  I copy the scripture.
3)  I read my prayer and then the scripture.
4)  Then, I write out a prayer as a response to the reading.  
I am not exaggerating, but every time, EVERY STINKIN' TIME, my God said something to me related to my initial prayer!  How does He do that????  

So,  I decided today that maybe I can use my blog to post my dailies.  No one will read them, but if they do, maybe they, too, will see God's amazing Grace. 

Now, it's February, so here's February's:  


 

I am behind a few days, so forgive me for the many verses....  Oh, and I sometimes also add scriptures from Jesus Calling.  Have you heard of Jesus Calling???  Great little devotional book by Sarah Young.  



Step 1) Prayer:  
Lord, thank you for your endless methods of encouragement.  Today did not turn out as I thought or hoped it would.  It was a difficult day.  I do love my job, Lord, but today I just felt like not teaching.  I have had several days like that this year.  Thank you for the little things you do to help me feel better: a daughter who does dishes and builds me a fire before leaving for small group so I rest in quiet and be comfortable, her thoughtful gestures, colleagues who understand and wish to comfort and support, TV shows that allow me to escape for just a little while.  Just silly little human things that allow me to relax.  Lord, thank you also for allowing me to come across this blog.  If I am not supposed to be sharing our relationship in this manner, then Lord, you just convict me of that.  Show me your ways, teach me to be more like you. 
Step 2)  Verses:
1 Corinthians 13:1-7; 1 Corinthians 13:8-13;
1 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
Ephesians 4:1-6
1 As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called; one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.
1 Peter 4:1- 6
Therefore, since Christ suffered in his body, arm yourselves also with the same attitude, because whoever suffers in the body is done with sin. As a result, they do not live the rest of their earthly lives for evil human desires, but rather for the will of God. For you have spent enough time in the past doing what pagans choose to do—living in debauchery, lust, drunkenness, orgies, carousing and detestable idolatry. They are surprised that you do not join them in their reckless, wild living, and they heap abuse on you. But they will have to give account to him who is ready to judge the living and the dead. For this is the reason the gospel was preached even to those who are now dead, so that they might be judged according to human standards in regard to the body, but live according to God in regard to the spirit.
1 John 4:7-12
Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. 10 This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. 11 Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. 12 No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.
Psalm 27:8
My heart says of you, "Seek his face!"  Your face, Lord, I will seek.
2 Corinthians 4:7
But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us.
Isaiah 12:2
Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid.  The Lord, the Lord, is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation.  

Step 3)  Reread my prayer and all of the scriptures copied

Step 4)  Respond
Wow, my God.  You are just so darned good. You are right.  I must humble myself and rest in you.  It is my calling and within this calling there will be times of struggle.  I must daily arm myself with love and according to the gospel.  You are so right.  Had I continued to do my dailies and not miss the last 4 days today would have been a better day.  Today, my attitude was off because I did not arm myself.  I was not filled with the reassurances of your word.  I was not reminded of your love and therefore was not prepared to share that love with others.  Lord, forgive me for the days I am lazy and do not pursue you more.  I should know better than to skip days having experienced your daily interventions.  I sit here, shaking my head with a furrowed brow.  I should know better.  We all should.  

God, tonight I ask you to remind me in the morning to seek you first.  Arm me with your compassion, your patience, fill me with your Spirit, that I might be prepared to be a walking You.  

Thank you so much for your reminders.  Thank you for your word.  I am blessed because you are with me.  

-Me

No comments:

Post a Comment