February 23, 2016
Prayer
Good morning, Lord. Thank you for a great time last night with the kid. Great movie, The Risen. Made me happy to love you. It was rather freeing to celebrate you even in the middle of a theater. I am so grateful to live in the US! Thank you for creating me here, with such liberties as being allowed to worship as I please wherever I please. Too great!
Lord, today, I ask that you continue to grow the mother/daughter/friends relationship between E and me. What a blessing she is. It's challenging maybe 5% of the time because we both come with such wounds, such baggage. Yet, both us truly love each other. I love being a mom. I love being HER mom. I no that it was/is your divine intervention that brought us together. For all that I have experienced, I thank you because it brought us together. Truly, it is a living testimony of Romans 8:28! Truly! More importantly, please also continue to grow us closer to you. Help us to keep you as our center. Help us to keep you as our center individually and within the context of our relationship. Give us the yen to seek you. Give us the determination and discipline to seek you first.
Thank you, Lord, for your divine interventions and active participation in our lives.
-Me.
Verses
Romans 8:28-30
28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who[a] have been called according to his purpose. 29 For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters.30 And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.
Micah 6:8
He has shown you, O mortal, what is good.
And what does the Lord require of you?
To act justly and to love mercy
and to walk humbly[a] with your God.
Jesus Calling
Psalm 89:15:
Blessed are those who have learned to acclaim you, who walk in the light of your presence, O Lord.
Hebrews 12:1-2:
Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, 2 fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Response:
Lord, thank you for always showing me how great things are and how you continue to be with us. You are good and you continue to show us what good is and demonstrate your mercy. Please continue to teach us, love us, and show us your mercy. Not only that, but please teach us to demonstrate your love and your mercy.
-Me
No comments:
Post a Comment