Thursday, February 18, 2016

February 18, 2016.

Prayer
Lord, today, my students are weighing heavily on my heart.  I have a handful of 8th graders who are really involved in things that are worrisome... drugs, alcohol, sex.  They are babies, Lord.  I am so worried about them and the decisions they are making.  How can I minister to them, Lord?  Show me what to do, please. 

-Me

Verses
Matthew 5:43-45
43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor[a] and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.

Jesus Calling:
Zephaniah 3:17  The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save.  He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing.
Psalm 73:23-26  Yet I am always with you; you hold me by my right hand.  You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will take me into glory.  Whom have I in heaven but you?  And earth has nothing I desire besides you.  My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.


Response
Father God, thank you for being with me.  With you, I can do all things.  With you, I have the strength to love on these kids of mine.  Thank you that you taught me to love even my enemies.  How much more can I love these boogers who drive me crazy?  Thank you, Lord. 

-Me

No comments:

Post a Comment