February 10, 2016
Well, yesterday was a yucky day, but today is brand new. In yesterday's reading (see my previous post), I learned that I need to start my day with my Jesus. So, here I am.
Prayer:
Lord, fill me with your Holy Spirit that I may be Jesus to my students and to my colleagues. Give me your words, your compassion, and definitely your patience. So many need you, Lord, that it is overwhelming. It is a war, of this I am sure. So many middle schoolers these days are using drugs, smoking, drinking, and having sex.... all things that I know worry you as well. Help me to be a beacon of hope and represent your love of each individual. I thank you, God, for each one. I thank you for their smiles, for their trust, for their humor, and even for their attitudes. Thank you for this calling, for I do love teaching. Thank you for entrusting me with these little souls. Show me what to do and give me the strength I need, the courage, and the kindness to love them as you do.
-Me
Reading:
-from Jesus Calling by Sarah Young:
John 1:4-5 In Him was Life, and the Life was the Light of men. And the Light shines on in the darkness, for the darkness has never overpowered it [put it out or absorbed it or appropriated it, and is unreceptive to it].
Hebrews 12:3 Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.
Response:
Wow! You did it again. How do you do that!?!?!?! I love how you answer my prayers with scripture. It truly is amazing. I just love you, Lord, and am constantly amazed by your timing. Thank you for your Word that teaches me .... help me to remember to seek you first. My day always go better when I do!!!!!!!!!!! Help me indeed to be the Light to those around me. Help my not to lose heart, but to stand firm on the foundation of your strength. God, you are so good. Such a cliche phrase, yet oh so true!!!!!!! You are so good to me, so responsive, and so active. I just love you.
-Me
No comments:
Post a Comment