February 17, 2016
Prayer
Good morning, my great Lord.
It's good to be alive today. I am so grateful for my life, for the manner in which you intervene, and the learning/growing that I am experiencing. Okay, so I'm not exactly thrilled when ALL of the learning is happening, but you are teaching me along the way and for that I am grateful.
Today, Lord, I ask that you be with my friend as you travels to work, and as she begins her new housing plans. God, bless her, strengthen her, heal her, and protect her. I worry about her with the people with whom she associates. She has changed, and is much more negative than she used to be. She saddens me. I know you know to that which I refer, and that I have attempted to speak with her about such thing to no avail. So, I ask that you bless her and protect her, for indeed her heart will eventually be hurt by this one individual who pushes people away in a mean manner. I also ask that you bless the one individual, Lord, for she too is hurting and is a broken soul. Strengthen both of them, Lord. Perhaps they will be good for each other and you divined their friendship. I don't know. I just don't want anyone to be hurt. Thank you, Lord, that I can come to you with the expectation and assurance that you will indeed be involved. I just love that about you!
Lord, I also ask you to bless my daughter's siblings. You know the situations of each, the hearts and hurts as well. God, please surround them with your love, with your people, and with opportunities for them to get clean and most importantly, to know you.
-Me
Verses
Matthew 22:37-40
37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[a] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[b] 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”
Response
Okay, so I see that I am to love you first and foremost. Then, in response to my requests, I am to love even the individual who pushes others away. I'm not sure how to do that, Lord, so I ask you to give me direction. Thank you in advance, My God.
-Me
No comments:
Post a Comment