Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Merry Christmas

As I sit and ponder the meaning behind Christmas before everyone, and by everyone I simply mean my Auntie Karen and my cat Chiquito, I quietly reflect.

First and foremost, Christmas is the celebration of the birth of my Jesus.  I am truly in awe of a God who would sacrifice and love me so much as he.  It also surprises me when people don't believe in him.  I find it rather confusing, perhaps because my relationship with God is such a part of who I am .... He has always been the refuge to my storm.

Here's a video that shares just a little bit about what I believe He did for me, and for you...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjSio8jur2Y

But in addition to that, it means...

  • traditions
  • stockings
  • hugs
  • yummy food
  • overeating
  • chocolate
  • decorations
  • family
  • friends
  • gifts
  • surprises
  • anticipation
  • reunions
  • sappy Hallmark movies
  • tears
  • laughter
  • blessings
  • ...and more

I may not the apple of anyone's eye, nor the center of anyone's universe. 

Well, at least not here on this planet....for to God, I am.  

I am loved and I am blessed.

I wish you, my dear reader, God's blessings, God's connection.  I wish you the completeness of knowing you are His.  





No comments:

Post a Comment