Sunday, December 8, 2013

Okay, so the whole gay controversy...

When I was going through training to become a foster parent, I learned that there are those who are gay because of physical predispositions, there are those who choose to experiment, and there are those who choose to be gay because they experienced some sort of trauma.

This was new to me.  I never really was sure what I thought.  Sometimes I thought it was physical.  I mean, there are men who seem much more effeminate, and there are women who are much more masculine.   Other times I thought it was a choice.   Now I see that it can be either.... but more importantly, I see that it does not matter.

I'm a strong Christian woman.  I know what the Bible says about homosexuality.  I know what it says about sleeping with someone outside of marriage.  I know what it says about judging.  I know what the Bible says about sin in general.  I believe that for ME it is wrong to sleep with a woman, being that I am a woman.  I believe that it is wrong for ME to have sex outside of the confines of marriage, because I am a Christian woman.   I believe that it is wrong for ME to judge others, because I, too, do things against what the Bible teaches.  I am no different, no better.  I know, also, and more importantly, that our God is a God of love.  Unconditional love.  Period.  He does not limit His love.... He does not say, I love you if....  Nope.  That's just not how He works.  He loves his children without restraint.

If my goal is to be like Him, then my job... as a strong Christian woman... MY job is to love His people, ALL of His people.  PERIOD.

So, that's what I do.  I love His people, MY people.


No comments:

Post a Comment